About Norvic International Hospital
Chaudhary Group, one of the prominent Corporate Houses of Nepal, established Norvic International Hospital in 1993. Today, the hospital is recognized as one of the best critical care hospitals in the country and remains a full-service, multi-specialty care facility designated as an International Hospital. Norvic is regarded as the most credible Healthcare Centre in the country, committed to Quality Health Care in the Nation’s service with personalized and compassionate patient care. It is also acclaimed for pioneering the private healthcare revolution in the country. Since it's inception in 1993, Norvic has risen to a leadership position and has emerged as Nepal’s foremost healthcare service provider touching the lives of 1.5 million patients across Nepal and abroad.
- The first Hospital in Nepal with NABL accreditation with high-tech laboratory services and is also certified for ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- The first private sector hospital to introduce the Catheterization Lab in the country; it offers one of the world’s best Invasive and Non-Invasive Cardiac facilities to the nation.
- The first private sector hospital certified with “Global Green and Healthy Hospital”.
- The first hospital in the country to have National Accreditation Board for Testing Laboratories (NABL), certified pathology lab, it provides a range of full-fledged Pathological and Diagnostic facilities.
- The first private hospital to implement a safe health care waste management system.
Norvic aims to additional beds & services in its premises.
- 90% of beds had been converted to Covid wards to treat Covid patients.
- 1st IVF lab in Nepal with genetic screening and genetic counselling launched.
- Norvic International Hospital converts to a public limited company.
- Management of Pandemic
- Norvic launches Covid Fever Clinic, Covid Isolation Ward & Covid ICU
State of Art Highly advanced Optima IGS 320 Cardiovascular imaging diagnostic machine added to improve access to patient care.
- Norvic completed its 25 years of world class quality health care in Nepal.
- Norvic Inaugurated Haemodialysis Department on 25th Anniversary of Norvic International Hospital.
- Norvic starts Oncology Services.
State-of-the-art MRI (3 TESLA) with in bore audio/visual system and 128 slices CT scan facility added.
- Norvic starts Nepal’s first specialized and dedicated Gastro Intestinal Intensive Care Unit (GICU).
- State-of-the-art JCI standard Modular Operating Suites started.
- Norvic Pathology Lab becomes first to get Certified in Nepal by National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
- International Emergency Care Unit (IECU) separate & dedicated Emergency ward for International patients starts functioning.
- 'International Business Centre' fully dedicated to serve international patients requirements started.
Two Mobile Critical Care Ambulances (ACLS) added to the fleet of Norvic Ambulances.
- “Lunkarandas Chaudhary Diagnostic Centre “ with all diagnostic facilities including CT Scan, MRI, Mammogram, Laboratory services started under single roof.
- Norvic established specialized Spine Clinic.
Dedicated area for Gynecology specialty established.
Dedicated area for Gastroenterology and Hepatobilliary System specialty established.
Norvic Institute of Nursing Education (NINE) established to support trained manpower requirement.
Smt. Ganga Devi Chaudhary Cath Lab inaugurated by Honorable Prime Minister on May 17, 2008.
First state-of the-art “Mission: Save Heart Mobile CCU” in Nepal initiated by Norvic.
First “Total Knee Replacement” Surgery performed successfully at Norvic.
- Urology Specialty started.
- CT scan facility started.
- Norvic starts state-of-the-art dedicated ‘Digestive Disease Centre’ with facilities such as Endoscopy, Sigmoidocopy and Colonoscopy.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Department established.
- Peripheral, Cerebral, Renal and Carotid Angioplasties carried out successfully.
- The first successful surgery carried out to open the Carotid Artery Blockade.
- First Beating Heart Surgery Procedure (CABG) and Coronary Artery Angioplasty (PTCA), Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) procedures carried out gradually.
- Norvic gets certified with ISO 9001:2000 (Certification for Quality Management System).
- First state-of-the-art OEC Digital Cath lab established in Nepal on 24 August, 2000.
- First Coronary Angiography (CAG) procedure carried out taking Norvic to the International club of definitive Cardiac Therapy
- Norvic International Hospital increases bed capacity from 30 beds to 100 beds.
- Centre for Neurological & Allied Sciences established and Neurosurgical procedures started.
- First Pace Maker Implant and BMV Procedure carried out.
- First International Symposium "Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology at the Dawn of New Millennium" took place.
MoU signed between Norvic International Hospital and Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi to develop and start Heart Command Centre.
Norvic collaborates with Escorts Heart Institute to bring in state-of-the-art Non Invasive Cardiac Care and Invasive Cardiac Procedure.
Norvic Health Care & Research Centre Pvt. Ltd. starts its services with 30 bedded facility